Terms and prices
- All persons involved in activities with me do so at their own risk and are responsible for their own health and safety.
- To help me select an appropriate location clients are asked to disclose, in complete confidence, mobility and health conditions.
- When fishing clients should have a valid rod licence. A licence is not required for casting lessons.
- Clients should wear suitable clothing, footwear, a hat or cap and eye protection or glasses, and when wading consider using a lifejacket and wading staff.
- Prices include use of tackle if required.
- To support sustainable fishing I have a catch and release policy for all wild fish. Barbless or debarbed hooks will be used when fishing rivers and wild fish lakes. All wild fish will be returned causing them minimum harm and stress.
- A deposit is required to secure a date and purchase fishing permits for you. Balance to be paid in advance via bank transfer or PayPal.
- I guarantee I'll do my best to give you an enjoyable experience, and to help achieve this I use a ratio of no more than 2 clients to one instructor or guide.
- I cannot guarantee the weather or that you will catch fish.
In the unlikely event I have to cancel a booking a full refund of any monies paid will be given or the session rearranged at a mutually convenient date. Any refund is limited to the amount paid.
Occasionally adverse weather can make conditions unfavourable. The final decision to cancel a session due to adverse weather rests solely with me.
When you book services and a deposit is paid no further booking will be accepted for that day. If you need to cancel or change a booking I’ll do what I can to accommodate but the following conditions apply:
- Less than 14 day's notice – loss of deposit if alternative date cannot be agree.
- On the day please phone me if you are running late. If I don’t hear from you within an hour of our agreed start time your session may be deemed to be cancelled and any monies paid, less expenses, donated to charity
PRICES – Excludes rod licence and fishing permit*
Casting & fly fishing lessons
1 person - £35 per hour - 3 hours minimum
2 people - £45 per hour - 3 hours minimum
Guiding 1 or 2 persons
4 hours - £140
6 hours - £180
Larger groups – Price on application
*Rod licence ~ £6 per day or £30 per annum. Not required for casting lessons.
*Fishing permit ~ £15 - £20 per person, per day depending on location